Certified Medical Assistant ADMINISTRATIVE/TECHNICAL ROLE Career Series: Practitioner Support Job Code: Performs phlebotomy procedures, and obtains cultures. * Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiac Card/re-certification can be obtained after employment.
Programs are available in nurse assistant and phlebotomy. A.A.S. degrees The medical assistant A.A.S. degree incorporates the medical/ sit for national certification through the American Society for Clinical
PHLEBOTOMY TECHNICIAN Course Description: circulatory system, medical terminology, patient and specimen identification and skin puncture, and 20 “advanced” hours in anatomical site For CPT-1 certification information, please visit:
Certified Medical Assistant Job Description Page 2 Valid Adult CPR and Basic First Aid Training Certification from the Heart Association, or accepted certifying organization; current Medical Assistant Training Certificate; current Phlebotomy Certificate; current Injection Certificate.
Phlebotomy is a division of medical laboratory technology involv-ing the proper extraction and safe handling of blood samples. 91% of students passed the Veterinary Assistant Certification 2010 92% of students passed the Phlebot-omy Certification 2009 87% of students tested passed CNA
Refunds for the National Phlebotomy Association Certification Board is on a case-by-case basis relevant to personal and medical emergencies. If the applicant is attending a Phlebotomy/Medical Assistant Training Program and the exam is
Previous phlebotomy experience; ; experience in ambulatory care, pediatrics and obstetrics preferred. Licenses or Certifications: Certified Medical Assistant certificate; BCLS certification. Specific Functions of Job: External JOB POSTING Certified Medical Assistant.doc
– CPR certification. – Knowledge of patient care, infection protection, supplies and instruments and exposure to medical conditions of patients; dealing with stressful situations SSR 033-12 Laboratory Assistant Phlebotomy PPT 20 Laboratory.doc
Necessary to be eligible for testing with ASCP for national phlebotomy certification. Because blood alcohol, chain of custody, alcohol, legal/medical Phlebotomy Workbook Phlebotomy Handbook Teacher Activities All incidents must be reported to assistant laboratory operations director
– CPR certification. – Knowledge of patient care, infection protection, supplies and instruments and exposure to medical conditions of patients; dealing with stressful situations SSR 106-11 Laboratory Assistant Phlebotomy PPT 20 x 2 positions Laboratory.doc
Phlebotomy Certificate Program such as medical assistant. Additionally, Is certification as phlebotomist required? A: No, it is not required, but it is strongly recommended. National certification is available through the following
Pathologists’ Assistant (PA) Phlebotomy Technician (PBT) Specialist in Cytotechnology (SCT) Technologist in Molecular Biology (MB) influential leader in the field of certification of medical laboratory professionals. To date over 460,000 individuals have been certified.
• Phlebotomy and collection of other lab specimens. • Performing basic lab tests. • Performing EKG’s. • Preparing and administering medications with physician’s authorizations. Requires Medical Assistant Certification
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Associate of Applied Science: Medical Assisting
- Master of Science - DNP Executive Leader
- Nurse Educator Graduate Certificate